- Result: 6th of 15 Teams
- Location: Hopkinton, N.H. (Hopkinton State Fairgrounds)
- The Lead: Assumption received a top-15 performance from sophomore Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) and used the team's depth overall to place sixth at the 2018 NE10 Championship on Sunday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lamb ran with the top runners throughout the race and crossed in 25:21, an improvement of 17 places after taking 30th as a freshman. Classmate Jon Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) was the second Hound to finish, taking 31st in 26:08, while Shawn Scullion (Candiac, Que. / Heritage Regional) was close behind him in 36th with a time of 26:24.
- Freshman Thomas Lucey (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield) came through in fourth for Assumption and took 44th in 26:35. Junior Ryan Cardozo (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) placed 51st overall in 26:51 while seniors Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) and Andrew Mongiat (Waterboro, Maine / Massabesic) rounded out the top seven runners and finished one second apart, 26:55 and 26:56.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Southern Connecticut won the NE10 Championship, with 50 points, just beating out defending champion Stonewall who had 57. AIC rounded out the top three with 60 points. Southern NH was fourth (91) while Merrimack was fifth (152) and Assumption just edged out Franklin Pierce (175-178).
- The sixth place finish for Assumption is the program's highest finish since the program finished sixth in 2008.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday, Nov. 17, when the team competes in the NCAA East Regionals on Long Island.