- Results: 5th/11 Teams
- Location: Hopkinton Fairgrounds | Hopkinton, N.H.
- The Lead: Assumption had three runners finish in the top-20 as the Hounds placed fifth overall at the Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) was Assumption's top finisher as he placed 12th overall in the event with a time of 25:55.2. Classmate Jon Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) was 18th as he crossed in 26:21.4, immediately followed by freshman Nikolas Reygadas (Warwick, R.I. / Toll Gate) in 19th with a time of (26:23.3).
- Freshman Thomas Lucey (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield) came through as the third Hound finisher, racing in 26:47.4 to place 30th overall. Senior Andrew Mongiat (Waterboro, Maine / Massabesic) rounded out the top five by taking 34th in 26:57.9.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Southern Connecticut won the race with a score of 29, followed by Southern New Hampshire in second (73). Merrimack was close behind in third with 79 points while Stonehill was fourth (102) and Assumption rounded out the top five with 113 points.
- Assumption returns to action on Sunday, Nov. 4 when the team competes in the NE10 Championship