- Results: 17th/26 Teams
- Location: Franklin Park (Boston, Mass.)
- The Lead: Assumption took 17th overall at the NEICAAA Cross Country Championships and fifth among Division II schools on Saturday at Franklin Park in Boston.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) was the team's top finisher on the day, placing 76th overall with a time of 26:24.9. Classmate Shawn Scullion (Candiac, Que. / Heritage Regional) was five spots behind him in 26:30.3
- Sophomore Jonathan Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) took 84th overall with his time of 26:32.1 and freshman Nikolas Reygadas (Warwick, R.I. / Toll Gate) was the fourth runner for the Hounds in 27:23.1. Senior Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) rounded out the top five with a time of 27:24.1
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption had 498 points in the event to take 17th, just one spot behind Merrimack who had 495 points. The Hounds did finish directly ahead of Division I programs Maine and Boston University. Umass won the event with 84 points, while Stonehill was the top DII team and fourth overall with 150.
- Assumption returns to action on Oct. 20 when the team races at the Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup, at the Hopkinton Fairground.