- Results: 4th/7 Teams
- Location: Stanley Quarter Park (New Britain, Conn.)
- The Lead: Each of Assumption's top five runners finished in the top-20 to provide a deep and balanced performance as the Hounds placed fourth in the Ted Owen Invitational on Saturday morning in a field of Division I programs.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption didn't have any runners in the top-10, but Nikolas Reygadas (Warwick, R.I. / Toll Gate) was the top finisher for the Hounds as he took 14th in 28:11.4. Sophomore Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) was immediately behind him in 15th with a time of 28:14.1, while classmate Jonathan Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) placed 16th in 28:20.9.
- Sophomore Shawn Scullion (Candiac, Que. / Heritage Regional) took 17th in 28:23.4 while Jake Luongo (Stoneham, Mass. / Stoneham) rounded out the top by five taking 19th with a time of 28:27.0. Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) and Ryan Cardozo (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) also finished in the top-25 as Assumption's sixth and seventh runners.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption had 81 points to place fourth, ahead of Sacred Heart who was fifth and just behind Bryant, who had 67 points in third. Host Central Connecticut won the event with 51 points.
- Assumption returns to action on Oct. 6 when the team races at the New England Championships in Franklin Park.