- Results: 3rd/7
- Location: Manchester, N.H.
- The Lead: Assumption placed six runner in the top 20 overall, including a sixth place finish from Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) to place third overall as a team at the Shacklette Invitational on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lamb was the second fastest freshman in the race and Assumption's top runner as he finished the five mile course in 27:12. Junior Andrew Mongiat (Waterboro, Maine / Massabesic) was the second Hound racer to conclude as he took 13th in 27:48.6.
- Sophomore William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) was third on the team by placing 14th in 27:49.7, just edging our younger brother Ryan Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland). Mardo took 16th in 27:59.2 while freshman Michael Spooner (Pepperell, Mass. / North Middlesex Regional) rounded out the top five with his time of 28:00.0. Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) was the sixth runner in the top 20 in his time of 28:07.8.
INSIDE THE NUBMERS:
- Assumption totaled 66 points in the event, trailing just Stonehill (24) and Merrimack (45). The Hounds and Warriors were the only two teams to have each of their top six runners place in the top-20 individually.
- Assumption is back in action on Sept. 16 when the team runs at the UMass Dartmouth Invitational.