- Score: New Haven 3, Assumption 0
- Records: New Haven (16-8, 9-3 NE10), Assumption (3-20, 1-12 NE10)
- Location: West Haven, Conn. (Charger Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption jumped out to early leads in both the first and second sets before New Haven gained momentum and stopped the Hounds in their tracks. New Haven won all three sets for the sweep.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first set was tied seven times before New Haven strung four points together to take a 13-9 lead and force Assumption to take a timeout. After the timeout, both teams traded points before the Chargers scored three unanswered points followed by three more to win the first set 25-16.
- The Hounds took an early 4-1 lead in the second set and kept their three-point lead (7-4) until New Haven answered with five consecutive points to take the lead 9-7 and force Assumption into a timeout. The Chargers scored three more points after the timeout to take a 12-8 lead. The Hounds were unable to score more than two-points in a row while New Haven scored four-straight to extend their lead to 21-15. The Chargers scored the last three points of the set to earn the 25-16 set victory.
- The Chargers kept their momentum in the third set by earning a 6-2 lead making Assumption take a timeout. After the timeout, New Haven scored two more to extend their lead to six (8-2). The Hounds were able to lessen the lead to four (8-4) before the Chargers took control with three more points and an 11-4 lead. The Chargers then strung together five-points to advance their lead to nine (16-5) and the Hounds were unable to recover and fell 25-12 in the third set and 3-0 in the match.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds are back on the road for their final match of the season at Franklin Pierce on Saturday, November 16, at 1 p.m.