- Score: Saint Anselm 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Saint Anselm (14-8, 4-3 NE10), Assumption (3-17, 1-8 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Saint Anselm took control from the beginning and did not let Assumption score more than 17 points in a set before defeating the Hounds 3-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the first set, the Hounds led at 2-1 and 5-4 before the Hawks gained momentum to score five unanswered points forcing Assumption to take a timeout. After the timeout, the Hawks rallied for four more points to extend their lead to eight (13-5). Assumption was able to break the scoring streak for a little before the Hawks gained momentum again with five consecutive points and eventually took the set 25-16.
- The Hawks continued their momentum into the second set where they jumped out to a 5-0 lead forcing the Hounds to take their first timeout. Assumption was able to get the first point after the timeout before Saint Anselm took control to score three straight points twice only broken up by a single Assumption point to take an 11-2 lead. The Hawks forced Assumption into another timeout after three more points and then came out of the timeout to score six points and jump to a 22-7 lead. The Hawks won the set 25-12 to take a 2-0 lead in the match.
- Feeling the pressure, Assumption jumped out to a 6-4 lead over the Hawks in the third set. The two teams traded the lead three times before the Hawks were able to string together four points and take a 15-11 lead. Saint Anselm had three bouts of three points a piece to take the set 25-17 and win the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Waylin Walls Parker (Beecher, Ill./Beecher) led the Hounds with six kills followed by Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) and Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) with four kills apiece.
- The Hounds are back home on Tuesday, November 5, against Stonehill at 7 p.m.