- Score: Bentley 3, Assumption 1
- Records: Bentley (17-4, 4-3 NE10), Assumption (3-14, 1-6 NE10)
- Location: Waltham, Mass. (Charles A. Dana Cent)
- The Lead: After falling in the first set, the Hounds rallied and took the second set from the Falcons. Assumption lost their momentum and Bentley took the next two and won the match 3-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption took a quick lead in the first set (4-3) before Bentley scored three-straight to earn a two-point lead (6-4). After the Falcons scored another three consecutive points forcing the Hounds into a timeout facing a four-point deficit (10-6). Assumption rallied for two and then stopped a four-point run to counter with six unanswered points themselves to get within in one point of the Falcons (15-14). Bentley earned eight consecutive points an eventually took the set 25-17.
- Bentley kept their momentum going into the second set with a 4-2 lead. The teams traded off pairs of points before Assumption rallied for six straight to take a four-point lead (11-7). The Falcons were unable to regain the lead while the Hounds won the set 25-20.
- The Falcons came out strong in the third set taking an 11-2 lead. Assumption strung together three points before Bentley scored five more consecutive points to advance their lead to 11 (19-8). The Hounds stole the momentum for five straight points before Bentley took the set 25-15.
- Bentley started the fourth set similarly to the third taking a five-point lead quickly (9-4) before advancing it to eight (13-5). The two teams went back-and-forth with points before Bentley gained momentum and scored five straight and then finished the set with two consecutive points for a 25-12 set win and a 3-1 match victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds are back home on Saturday, October 19 against American International at 1 p.m.