- Score: Adelphi 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Adelphi (10-4, 3-1 NE10), Assumption (3-13, 1-4 NE10)
- Location: Garden City, N.Y. (CRS Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption improved each set, but was unable to take the lead and fell 3-0 to Adelphi.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds took an early 4-2 lead over the Panthers and continued with a one-point lead until Adelphi gained control with four-straight points to take a 12-9 lead. The Panthers kept the momentum to score nine consecutive points to extend their lead to 11 (21-10). The two teams battled throughout the last seven-points before Adelphi took the set 25-13.
- In the second set, the Panthers took a 3-1 lead before the Assumption started the back-and-forth battle. Adelphi took a substantial lead after scoring four unanswered points (17-9) and advanced their lead to ten with three more points (20-10). Assumption attempted a comeback before the Panthers won the set 25-14.
- The Panthers kept their momentum from the second set and took a 6-1 lead before their own error game the Hounds a point. Assumption got within five (11-6) before the Panthers scored three-straight for the 14-6 lead. Adelphi then rallied for five more points for a 19-7 lead. The Hounds fought back with three consecutive points (21-12) and then seven more points to put the set at 24-19. Adelphi earned the set point after calling a timeout and won the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Danielle Zarcone (Hauppauge, N.Y./Smithtown High School West) earned 11 assists to lead for Assumption while Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) recorded two while also contributing seven digs.
- The Hounds are on the road again Tuesday, October 15 at Bentley for a 7:30 p.m. start.