- Score: Assumption 3, Saint Michael's 0
- Records: Assumption (3-9, 1-1 NE10), Saint Michael's (1-8, 0-2 NE10)
- Location: Colchester, Vt. (Ross Sports Center)
- The Lead: The Hounds bested Saint Michael's in all three sets to earn their first conference win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Purple Knights came out strong in the first set scoring the first five points causing Assumption to take an early timeout. The Hounds rallied together and scored seven-straight to tie the game at 12 apiece. The set was tied four more times after that before Assumption scored two in a row, made a stop and then finished the set 25-20.
- Saint Michael's started the second set with momentum to take an early 8-3 lead forcing Assumption to use a timeout. The Purple Knights kept the lead until the Hounds earned five consecutive points to take a one-point lead (17-16). Saint Michael's took a timeout and came out to tie the set at 17 and again at 18. Assumption scored three straight points to end the set 25-20.
- The Hounds kept the momentum in the third set and took a 4-1 lead. The Purple Knights rallied for four consecutive points to take an 8-7 lead and later extended their lead to seven (17-10). Little by little the Hounds chipped away scoring two points at a clip to tie the game at 20-20. Assumption took over after that and scored the final five points of the set to win 25-21 and sweep the Purple Knights 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Alana Hruska (Marlboro, Conn./RHAM) led the Hounds with 11 kills and a .474 hitting percentage while Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) recorded a double-double with ten kills and 11 digs. Both Jill Orosz (Bridgewater, Mass./Cardinal Spellman) and Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) contributed eight kills apiece.
- Kyra Belden (Hollis, N.H./Hollis-Brookline High School) recorded 19 assists with two kills and seven digs while Danielle Zarcone (Hauppauge, N.Y./Smithtown High School West) added 18 assists and four digs.
- Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) led the Hounds in digs with 14.
- The Hounds are on the road again Tuesday, October 1 as they head to Le Moyne for another conference match a 7 p.m.