- Score: Saint Rose 3, Assumption 1
- Records: Saint Rose (15-8, 6-3 NE10), Assumption (3-14, 3-8 NE10)
- Location: Albany, N.Y. (Daniel P. Nolan Gym)
- The Lead: Assumption won the third set to take the match to four only to come up short in the fourth and fall to the Golden Knights 3-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the first set, the Hounds responded to two 4-0 runs by the Golden Knights with their own 4-0 streak to put the set at 19-15, but the Hounds were unable to get any closer and lost the set 25-20.
- The Golden Knights started out the second set strong with a 5-0 streak to make the set 7-1. The Golden Knights went on another 4-0 run to put the set at 18-6 and the Hounds were unable to recover and fell 25-10.
- In the third set, Assumption took control right off the bat with a 6-0 streak to make their lead 6 (11-5). The Hounds also earned another 4-0 run to make the set 21-14 and ultimately won 25-22 to make the match 2-1.
- During the fourth set, the Golden Knights took over with the match tied at 16 and went on a 6-0 run to put the match out of reach for the Hounds at 22-16, where the Hounds eventually fell 25-18 and lost the match 3-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) earned nine kills while Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) added seven followed by Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) and Mary Campbell (Plainville, Mass./Bishop Feehan) who each added five.
- Assumption is back home on Tuesday, October 23, for their senior game against Bentley at 7 p.m.