- Score: Le Moyne 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Le Moyne (8-6, NE10 1-4), Assumption (1-11, NE10 1-5)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption loses three hard fought sets, where the Hounds were within eight points in each, to fall 3-0 to Le Moyne.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds started the first set strong scoring the first point and then ending a four-point streak for the Dolphins to make the set 10-6. Assumption battled for points throughout but two more four-point runs for the Dolphins (14-7, 23-13) took the set out of reach for the Hounds ending at 25-17.
- In the second set, the Hounds were able to stay withstand five-point streak by the Dolphins and get within one point 7-6. The Dolphins took over with a four-point rally to make the set 11-6. The Hounds were not able to get within five points for the rest of set and the Dolphins took the set 25-17.
- The Hounds kept the third set within four points (14-10) and rallied a three-point streak (18-14) before the Dolphins went on a three-point run themselves and ultimately took the set 25-18 and the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) had 16 assists and three digs while Emily Yancone tallied 38 assists and two digs for the Dolphins.
- Assumption is back in action on their home court against Pace on Wednesday, October 3 at 7 p.m.