- Score: Saint Anselm 3, Assumption 1 (25-17, 23-25, 25-18, 26-24)
- Record: Assumption (5-17, 3-10 NE10), Saint Anselm (15-10, 8-5 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- For the second time in the match, Assumption took a 11-7 lead, but later in the set Saint Anselm fought back to tie it 12-12. The points went back and fourth through the remainder of the set to head to a 24-24 tie. Two kills by Hawk Catherine McCarthy would solidify the 26-24 comeback win and end the game 3-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption recorded a hitting percentage of .169, tallied 51 kills, 84 digs and 10 blocks while Saint Anselm hit .234 to go with 62 kills, 99 digs and eight blocks.
- Freshman Waylin Walls Parker (Beecher, Ill. / Beecher), and seniors Kiki Romanik (San Rafael, Calif. / Sir Francis Drake) and Goyette each tallied two blocks while Burke added three. Smith led the offense with 17 kills and a .265 hitting percentage and Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H. / Saint Thomas Aquinas) tallied 29 digs.
- Katy Teets led the team with 16 kills, 10 digs and three blocks. Hays recorded 48 assists while Danielle Isabell tallied 31 digs.
- On Tuesday, November 7 at 6pm, the Assumption college volleyball team will host American International College to conclude their regular season play.