- Score: Saint Rose 3, Assumption 1 (25-22, 25-12, 23-25, 29-27)
- Record: Assumption (5-16, 3-9 NE10), Saint Rose (12-12, 3-6 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Golden Knights held the lead all the way though the second set, taking a 2-0 lead after scoring seven consecutive points to win the set 25-12. They registered four kills in a row all assisted by Kubik.
- The third set was evenly matched as the two teams went back and forth, as the Hounds held off the Golden Knights to win 25-23 and cut the deficit to 2-1. After Saint Rose scored the first point Assumption went on a six point run to claim the 6-1 lead. Later in the set the Hounds were leading 20-12 but Saint Rose answered with six points in a row to bring the set within two points. The Golden Knights tied the match 22-22 and then took a one point lead on a kill by Grace Campbell. Junior Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich. / Gull Lake) answered with a kill to tie it again, and then an attack error and a kill by senior Julia Goyette (Randolph, Mass./Ursuline Academy) would end the set 25-23 for the Hounds to force a fourth set.
- Assumption captured the lead early in the fourth set but Saint Rose tied it 7-7 on a kill by Shayna Webber. Later in the set the Golden Knights would extend their lead to 17-11. A kill by senior Olivia Burke (Salem, N.H./Salem) would change the possession and bring the score within three. The set continued to go back and and forth before the Hounds rallied to to take a 10-4 advantage in the next 14 points. The game was tied 25-25 to force the set to a tie breaker point. Saint Rose ended the set 29-27 and the game 3-1 on a block by Webber and Campbell.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption recorded a hitting percentage of .139, tallied 57 kills, 110 digs and 16 blocks while Saint Rose hit .112 to go with 43 kills, 103 digs and 11 blocks.
- Goyette led Assumption with a .375 hitting percentage and 17 kills. Freshman Waylin Walls Parker (Beecher, Ill. / Beecher) led the defense with four blocks and sophomore Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H. / Saint Thomas Aquinas) registered 39 digs. Senior Kiki Romanik (San Rafael, Calif. / Sir Francis Drake) had 30 assists while Smith added nine kills and 21 digs.
- Webber led the team with 14 kills while Stevie Schweitzer and Maddy Halverson each tallied 11. Webber also led the defense with seven blocks. Tina Ceriello tallied 33 digs and Kubik added 45 assists.
- Next Saturday, November 4 at 12pm, the Assumption college volleyball team will host Saint Anselm for their senior day game.