- Scores: Assumption 5, St. Thomas Aquinas 2
- Records: Assumption (10-5), Saint Michael's (6-12)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption won the doubles point and then took four of six singles matches to earn a 5-2 victory over Saint Thomas Aquinas in the team's first match of the spring.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The duo of Julia Chappell (Manchester, N.H. / Manchester Central) and Maria Monje (Worcester, Mass. / Holy Name) came through with a 6-4 victory at No. 1 singles while Ana Escudero (Rockville, Md. / Richard Montgomery) and Veronica Op (Westford, Mass. / Westford Academy) secured a 7-5 win at third flight singles to secure the doubles point.
- Chappell made quick work at no. 1 singles with a 6-1, 6-3 victory while Op was dominant at No. 6 with a matching 6-1, 6-3 win. Monje earned a 7-5, 7-6 win in second flight singles while Escudero won 6-1, 6-3 at No. 5.
- Assumption returns to action on April 7 when the team travels to face Providence at 11 a.m.