- Score: No. 1 Le Moyne 16, No. 17 Assumption 5
- Records: Le Moyne (10-0, 6-0 NE10), Assumption (7-3, 3-3 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: No. 17 Assumption was tied 2-2 with top-ranked Le Moyne through ten minutes of action, however, the Dolphins outscored the Hounds 9-1 over the final 20 minutes of the half to take control on the way to a 16-5 victory on Tuesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Le Moyne scored just two minutes into the game and grabbed a 2-0 lead at 23:41. Sarah Reilly (Fairfield, Conn. / Fairfield-Warde) pulled the team within one just 30 seconds later. Helen Tautkus (Laconia, N.H. / Laconia) tied it up 2-2 with 21:27 left. The Dolphins took the lead at 17:29 and scored five more goals over the next ten minutes to stretch their advantage to 8-2. Tautkus ended the run with 5:55 left, but three more goals by Le Moyne made it an 11-3 contest at the half.
- In the second, the Dolphins scored three times in the first 11 minutes to push their lead to 14-3. Kailyn Hart (Cohoes, N.Y. / Shaker) closed the gap to ten with 15 minutes left. Le Moyne added two more goals and the Hounds managed just one, by Jill Good (North Andover, Mass. / North Andover), to provide the 16-5 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Le Moyne held a 29-14 shot advantage in the contest while winning 16 of 23 draw controls and picking up six more ground ball (18-12). Marran Oakman (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) picked up all seven of the team's draw controls.
- Tautkus led the offense with two points while five other players recorded one point. Emily Spath (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) had one assist with two ground balls, while Haley Rose (Wading River, N.Y. / Shoreham Wading River) and Grace McDermott (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) each had one ground ball and one caused turnover.
- Allie Collins (Natick, Mass. / Natick) took the loss as she gave up 15 goals over 52:51 with nine saves. Hannah George earned the victory for Le Moyne by stopped six shots and allowing five goals. Sydney Hall had two goals and four assists to lead the Le Moyne offense.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday when the team faces nationally ranked New Haven at 1 p.m.