- Score: No. 2 Adelphi 16, No. 19 Assumption 4
- Records: Adelphi (7-0, 4-0 NE10), Assumption (5-2, 2-2 NE10)
- Location: Garden City, N.Y. (Motamed Field)
- The Lead: No. 19 Assumption never led against the second ranked Adelphi, but made the Panthers work as the Hounds dropped a 16-4 contest on the road Friday evening in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Panthers scored twice in the first 2:10 to grab the early lead. Sophomore Olivia Angelo (Miller Place, N.Y. / Miller Place) responded at 26:37 off a feed from Emily Spath (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) to cut it in half, and Spath evened the score 2-2 with 22:50 remaining. Adelphi answered back with seven goals over the next 15 minutes to stretch its lead to 9-2. Sarah Reilly (Fairfield, Conn. / Fairfield-Warde) tallied the final goal of the half at 4:43 to trail 9-3 at the break.
- In the second, the Panthers held Assumption scoreless for 15 minutes while adding four more goals for a 13-3 advantage. Helen Tautkus (Laconia, N.H. / Laconia ended the run on a great drive to net and shot, however, Adelphi didn't allow another goal while scoring three more for a 16-4 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Adelphi held a 40-10 shot advantage in the contest and picked up twice as many ground balls (28-14), though each team picked up 11 draw controls. Assumption did have nine caused turnovers in the contest.
- Spath led the offense with two points on one goal and one assist. Meghan Cushing (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) came through with three draws, two ground balls and one caused turnover while Marran Oakman (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) chipped in four ground balls, two draw controls and two caused turnovers. Reilly had just one goal with four draw controls. Lauren Jakobs (Naples, Maine / Lake Region) posted two caused turnovers and two ground balls with one draw.
- Allie Collins (Natick, Mass. / Natick) took the loss in net as she gave up nine goals and made four saves in 21:39. Junior Kyra Goucher (Derry, N.H. / Pinkerton Academy) played the final 38:21 and made eight saves while allowing seven goals.
- Allison Johnson had five assists and two goals while Christina Ferrara added three goals and two assists. Emma Lemanski earned the win as she allowed four goals and made three saves.
- Assumption is on the road against this Sunday when the Hounds play Molloy at 12 p.m.