- Score: Assumption 19, Roberts Wesleyan 8
- Records: Assumption (2-0), Roberts Wesleyan (5-1)
- Location: Rochester, N.Y.
- The Lead: Assumption scored eight straight goals during a ten-minute period which spanned the first and second halves, as the Hounds came away with a 19-8 victory over previously unbeaten Roberts Wesleyan Saturday afternoon on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Jenny Bush (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) won the opening draw and eventually gave the Hounds a 1-0 advantage at 28:13 off a feed from Emily Spath (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin). The Redhawks answered in less than a minute, however, Kailyn Hart (Cohoes, N.Y. / Shaker) made it 2-1 at 26:41. Allison Foley (Walpole, Mass. / Walpole) stretched it to 3-1 off a Spath pass four minutes later. Roberts answered back with a pair of goals to tie it 3-3 at 17:23.
- The two teams traded goals over the next nine minutes with each team scoring twice, including goals by Hart and Sarah Reilly (Fairfield, Conn. / Fairfield-Warde). Meghan Cushing (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) put the Hounds back in front, 6-5 with 6:51 left and then added another goal one minute later for a 7-5 advantage. The Redhawks scored once and Reilly scored twice in the final four minutes for a 9-6 lead at the break.
- Reilly tallied a pair of goals in the opening three minutes of the second half to push the lead to five and then added a man-up goal off a feed from Spath at 26:22 for a 12-6 advantage. Hart and Reilly scored just 11 seconds apart for a 14-6 lead and Hart added another to make it 15-6 just six minutes into the period.
- Roberts ended Assumption's eight straight goals at 20:20, however, Spath stretched the lead to nine two minutes later. Consecutive goals by Hart pushed it to an 18-7 advantage midway through the period. Each team scored once in the final 15 minutes as the Hounds earned the 19-8 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Roberts 42-17 in the contest while winning 15 of 29 draw controls. The Hounds picked up 12 more ground balls (34-22) while recording 13 caused turnovers.
- Reilly was dominant with seven goals, two assists, six draws and four ground balls while Hart scored six times on eight shots with one assist. Spath added one goal and five assists while Cushing scored twice with four ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Defensively, Marran Oakman (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) had three caused turnovers and two ground balls while Callie Dwyer (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack) picked up three ground balls. Freshman Allie Collins (Natick, Mass. / Natick) earned her first career victory in net, make five saves and allowing four goals over the final 40:14 of the contest. Victoria Greco took the loss as she had 12 saves and gave up 13 goals in 34:29.
- Assumption opens conference play on Thursday when the Hounds host Stonehill at 1 p.m. in Multi-Sport Stadium.