- Score: Assumption 22, Dominican 11
- Records: Assumption (2-0), Dominican (0-4)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Dominican held a slight 5-4 lead with 13 minutes left in the first half, but the Hounds ended the period on a 6-1 run and pushed their lead as high as 13 in the final 30 minutes on the way to a 22-11 victory on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Dominican jumped out to a 2-1 lead over the first 10 minutes of action, and extended its lead to 3-1 at 18:39. Meghan Cushing (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) ended the run, and goals by Caitlin Graves (Ashland, Mass. / Ashland) and Allison Foley (Walpole, Mass. / Walpole) gave the Hounds their first lead, 4-3, with 16 minutes left.
- The Chargers answered with consecutive goals for a 6-5 lead, before Jenny Bush (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) tied it up at 12:56. Kailyn Hart (Cohoes, N.Y. / Shaker) put the Hounds in front two minutes later, and they scored three times in less than a minute on goals from Sarah Reilly (Fairfield, Conn. / Fairfield-Warde), Amanda Burns (Billerica, Mass. / Billerica Memorial) and Hart to take a 9-5 lead at 8:27. Each team scored once more for a 10-6 advantage at the break.
- Reilly and Cushing scored in the opening two minutes of the second and Graves followed with consecutive goals to stretch the lead to 14-6 with 25:30 left. Dominican ended the run, but Assumption scored four of the next five goals to push their advantage to 18-8 on a Cushing goal with 18:47.
- Dominican scored once over the next 12 minutes while the Hounds added four more tallies, with Graves' career-high fifth goal of the day making it 22-9 at 6:10. The Chargers scored twice in the final three minutes for a 22-11 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Dominican 42-27 in the contest, while winning ten more draw controls (22-12) and picking up eight more ground balls (21-13).
- Graves scored a career-high nine points on five goals and four assists, while Hart also had a career-best with eight points on four goals and four assists, in addition to picking up three ground balls. Reilly tallied seven points (4g, 3a) while Cushing chipped in three goals, four ground balls and three draws.
- Alayna Heegan led her team with four goals and one assists, while Jenna Fox had three goals, one assists and four draw controls.
- Kyra Goucher (Derry, N.H. / Pinkerton Academy) earned the win in net as she made three saves in 60 minutes. Cara Moran took the loss, stopping 15 shots and allowing 22 goals.
- The Hounds return to action on Friday when the team plays at Saint Leo in Florida at 6 pm.