- Tournament: Assumption Spring Invitational
- Results: 3rd/7 Teams | 350 + 342 = 692
- Dates: April 13-14, 2019
- Location: Blackstone Country Club (Sutton, Mass.)
- The Lead: Assumption improved eight strokes on the second day of competition at the Assumption Spring Invitational to jump a spot to third overall in the team's host event on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill) shot an 80 on day two to finish with a 157 overall and take third place in the event. Classmate Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) moved up five spots on the second day by dropping four strokes and finishing with a 172 overall (88, 84). Samantha Leary (Hingham, Mass. / Hingham) improved six strokes to tie for 17th with a 176 (91, 85)
- Freshman Carly Romano (Wake Forest, N.C. / Heritage) posted a 94 on the opening day and then 93 on Sunday to place 27th with a 187, while Lexie Flood (Southbury, Conn. / Pomperaug) finished with a 214 for the competition after a 104 on Sunday.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Franklin Pierce shot 321 on consecutive days to win the event by 46 strokes with a 642 overall. Sarah Daley earned medalist honors with a 155 (80, 75). Le Moyne took second with a 688 and the Hounds placed third with a 692, though their Sunday total of 342 was tied for the second-best on the day.
- The Hounds return to action tomorrow when they take part in the Penmen Spring Invitational, hosted at Beaver Meadow Golf Club.