- Tournament: NEIGA DII Championship
- Results: 1st of 3 Teams | 361 + 346 = 707
- Dates: October 21-22, 2018
- Location: The Captains Course – Starboard (Brewster, Mass.)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped 15 strokes from their Sunday performance, buoyed by a medalist performance from Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill), to win the New England Intercollegiate Golf Association Championship on Monday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- French had the lowest second-day round of any golfer, posting an 80 to finish with a two-day 166 and tie for first overall in the event. The junior hit a birdie on the 18th to force a playoff hole for medalist honors and eventually won the Championship with a birdie on the second playoff hole. Classmate Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) was second for the Hounds with an 89 for the second straight day to finish fifth overall in the competition.
- Sophomore Samantha Leary (Hingham, Mass. / Hingham) dropped five strokes from her Sunday performance to finish with a 183 (94, 89) and place seventh. Junior Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) was eight strokes better on Monday with an 88 to finish with a 184 and take eighth. Freshman Carly Romano (Wake Forest, N.C. / Heritage) rounded out the field with a 186 (92, 94).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot a 346 on the second day, an improvement on its opening round 361. The Hounds won by 29 strokes, as Saint Rose shot a 374 on the second day to finish with a 736. LIU Post rounded out the field with a 743.