- Tournament: NE10 Championship
- Results: 6th of 9 teams | 354 + 350 = 704
- Date: October 15
- Location: Capitol Hill Golf Course (Albany, N.Y.)
- The Lead: Assumption received another top-five performance from junior Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill) as the Hounds moved up one spot in the second day of the 2018 NE10 Championship to finish sixth overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- French shot an 83 after posting an opening-day 76 to conclude play with a 159 overall, to finish tied for fourth overall in the event and be named to the All-Tournament Team. Classmate Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) dropped seven strokes from her performance on Sunday, shooting an 84 for a 175 overall to place 23rd overall.
- Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) struggled on the front nine but rebounded on her final nine holes to finish with a 93 and a 185 overall. Freshman Carly Romano (Wake Forest, N.C. / Heritage) improved her play by seven strokes from Sunday to Monday with a 90 to conclude with a 187. Sophomore Samantha Leary (Hingham, Mass. / Hingham) finished with a 194 overall to round out the field.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Merrimack shot a 310 to finish with a 627 overall, ten shots ahead of second place Franklin Pierce. Southern New Hampshire rounded out the top five. Assumption posted a 704 and finished five shots back of Stonehill (699).
- The Hounds return to action next Sunday to compete in the NEIGA Championship at The Captain's Course in Brewster, Mass.