- Tournament: Franklin Pierce Fall Invitational
- Results 6th/9
- Dates: September 23-24, 2018
- Location: Keene Country Club (Keene, N.H.)
- The Lead: Assumption shot a 347 on the second day of competition as the Hounds placed sixth overall in the Franklin Pierce Fall Invitational held at Keene Country Club on Monday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) was a model of consistency for Assumption, leading the team both days. She shot a 76 on Sunday and followed it up with an 82 for a 158 overall to tie for sixth. Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) was second on the team and 27th overall with a 173 (86, 87).
- Sophomore Samantha Leary (Hingham, Mass. / Hingham) shot an 88 on the opening day and an 89 on Monday to take 30th with a 177. Freshmen Carly Romano (Wake Forest, N.C. / Heritage) was one shot back with a 178 (89, 89), while Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) finished with a 193 for the event.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption opened with a 336 on Sunday to enter Monday in fifth, however, the team added 11 strokes for a 683 overall. The Hounds were nine shots behind Stonehill who had a 674. Merrimack won the event with a 628 while Franklin Pierce was second with a 640.
- The Hounds return to action on Monday when the team takes part in the Granite State Invitational at the Nashua Country Club.