- Tournament: Franklin Pierce Invitational
- Results: Assumption 3rd /6 | 339 + 348 = 687
- Location: Keene, N.H. (Keene Country Club)
- Date: October 15-16, 2017
- The Lead: On their second day of action, the Assumption College women's golf team took third place in the Franklin Pierce Invitational, as they finished with a combined score 687.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) shot an 82 in the second day of the Invitational to remain in fifth place overall and first for Assumption, while Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) shot a 169, cutting off three strokes her first day total to tie for 12th overall.
- Junior Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) shot an even 88 throughout the Invitational to tie for 18th overall and place third for the Hounds while freshman Samantha Leary (Hingham, Mass. / Hingham) shot a combined 181 to tie for 21st, and Casey Gurlitz (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) cut her score by one stroke to place 35th overall
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- French led the team with 20 pars, while three of the golfers improved their scores on the second day.
- Franklin Pierce took first place shooting a combined 625, while Le Moyne remained in second with a score of 669. Assumption took third, and Saint Rose placed fourth shooting a 707. Southern New Hampshire (718) and LIU Post (723) took fifth and sixth respectively.
- This Saturday, October 21, the Hounds will travel to Brewster, Massachusetts to compete in the NEIGA Invitational.