- Tournament: Saint Rose Spring Classic
- Results: 4th out of 7 teams | 361 + 367 =728
- Location: Guilderland, N.Y., Pinehaven Women White Tees
- Course Statistics: Par 72, 5703 yards
- Date: April 21-22, 2017
The Lead: Freshman Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) tied for second and Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) tied for eleventh to lead the Assumption womens golf team to a fourth place finish out of seven teams in the Saint Rose Spring Classic over the weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- French finished seven strokes behind first place shooting a 154 (+10) to tie for second place with Jessica Wagner and Alessandra Ricigliano of Merrimack.
- Cutting shot a 174 improving her score from 88 to 86 over the two day tournament. Freshman Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass/ Bishop Stang) tied for 26th overall and placed third for the Hounds shooting a 189 .
- Junior Alyssa Ruggieri (Canston, R.I./Cranston West) finished 37th overall and fourth for the Hounds shooting a 211, while sophomore Casey Gurlitz (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) shot eight strokes behind her to take 38th overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Franklin Pierce placed first in the tournament shooting a total of 643 (+30), while Merrimack shot just four strokes behind them to take second place and Le Moyne took third shooting a 673. Assumption shot a total 728 over the two days to place fourth and the College of Saint Rose shot one stoke behind to take fifth. Southern New Hampshire placed 6th with a score of 751 and Adelphi shot a 752 to place seventh.