-Tournament: Northeast-10 Conference Championship
-Results: 7th of 7 teams | 367 + 354 = 721
-Location: Bretwood Golf Course - N.H.
-Date: Monday, Sept. 25
-Course Stats: Par: 72 Yardage: 5,287
The Lead: Assumption women's golf finished seventh overall in the Northeast -10 Championship, led by Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) finished first for Assumption with a 79 during the second day of play and a 166 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Cutting tied for ninth overall and first for Assumption shooting a 166 over the two-day event. She posted the seventh best second round score of any golfer with a 79, shooting eight strokes better than her first round
- Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional), was just behind Cutting, shooting a 170 which tied her for 12th place.
- Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) placed third for the Hounds shooting an 87 on Monday to finish with a 180, good for 23rd overall in the event.
- INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Assumption actually posted the fourth best score on day two with a 354, ahead of St. Rose (355), Adelphi (362) and Southern New Hampshire (362). This helped the team finish just two strokes behind the Penmen in the event.
- Merrimack placed first in the tournament shooting a 625, while Franklin Pierce took second with a 646, and Le Moyne was third with a 649 overall score. Merrimack's 310 on the second day was the lowest score by any team during the two rounds.
- Assumption is back in action on Oct. 16-17 when the team competes at Elmwood Country Club in Elmsford, N.Y.