- Score: Bentley 64, Assumption 47
- Records: Bentley (6-3, 2-0 NE10), Assumption (4-4, 2-2 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: The Hounds came out strong holding the lead for the majority of the first quarter but were unable to slow down the Bentley offense down the stretch and fell 64-47.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons scored the first basket of the game only to have Assumption answer with a three by Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) to take a 3-2 lead. Bentley scored next before Assumption strung together four-points for a 7-4 lead just under two minutes into play. The Falcons tied it up but were unable to take the lead as the Hounds went on a 5-0 run to lead the Falcons 12-7. Assumption only managed a three in the final five minutes of the quarter while Bentley scored seven to take a 16-15 lead at the end of the first quarter.
- The Hounds opened the second quarter with a three by Monica Spain (Braintree, Mass./Archbishop Williams) to take back the lead (18-16). Bentley answered with four-straight points for another lead change in favor of the Falcons 20-18. The Hounds tied it up and then Meghan Reen (Norwood, Mass./Norwood) hit a three to give Assumption the 23-22 lead with 4:44 left in the half. Bentley went on a 7-0 run for their largest lead of the game of six (29-23). Cat Fonseca (Enfield, Conn./Enfield) answered for the Hounds with a jumper before the Falcons sunk a three just 16 seconds later. Fonseca ended with a pair of free throws to get the Hounds within five (32-27) at the end of the half.
- Spain opened the second half for Assumption with a three to get the Hounds within two (32-30). Bentley later went on another 7-0 run to extend their lead to nine (41-32) with the clock at 6:06. The Hounds put together a 4-0 led by Reen and Spain to get within five (41-36) before the Falcons score seven-straight to take a 12-point lead (48-36) with just 3:38 remaining in the third quarter. Fonseca hit a three only for Bentley to answer back with a three of their own. The Falcons ended the third quarter with a 4-0 run and a 13-point lead (55-42) heading into the final ten minutes of play.
- The Falcons started the fourth quarter with four consecutive points before Reen ended their run with a layup. Bentley scored four in a row again only to be stopped by a three from Capacchione at the 4:18 mark. Neither team scored the remainder of the game and Bentley took the 64-47 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Reen led for the Hounds with 12 points and four assists while Spain added 11 points and five rebounds. Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) led Assumption with 10 rebounds.
- The Hounds recorded a total of 32 rebounds, ten assists, seven steals and four blocks while shooting 30.5 percent from the floor, 38.1 percent from three and 100.0 percent from the free throw line.
- Bentley shot 45.6 percent from the field, 42.1 percent from beyond the arc and 100.0 percent from the free throw line while grabbing 38 rebounds, 13 assists, seven steals and four blocks in the game.
- The Hounds are on the road Saturday, December 14 at Caldwell for a non-conference matchup at 4 p.m.