- Score: Assumption 67, Franklin Pierce 51
- Records: Assumption (13-13, 8-11 NE10), Franklin Pierce (4-20, 2-17 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: After being down early in the first quarter, Assumption gained momentum and held on by three at half. The Hounds came out in the second half and took over the game to win 67-51.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Franklin Pierce jumped out to a 7-2 lead, before Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H./Bishop Guertin) ended the run with a pair of free throws. Four more from the Hounds gave them an 8-7 lead with 2:32 left in the period. The team's traded baskets over the next minute, though Caterina Fonseca (Enfield, Conn./Enfield High School) and Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md./Glen Burnie) scored in the last 70 seconds for a 14-11 lead at the end of the first.
- Assumption scored the first six points of the second for a 20-11 advantage. The Ravens answered with a 10-2 run to pull the gap to just one, 22-21, with 3:36 remaining. Cramb connected on a triple to push the lead to four, but the Hounds couldn't extend their lead anymore and went into the half with a 29-26 advantage.
- In the third, Franklin Pierce cut it to 31-30 before Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass./Ursuline Academy) muscled home a layup for the three-point lead. That basket jumpstarted a 10-2 run to stretch the Assumption lead to 41-32 at 3:41, forcing a Raven timeout. Franklin Pierce cut it to six in the final two minutes, but Cramb drained a corner three at the end of the third for a 46-36 lead.
- The Hounds scored first eight points of the fourth to extend their lead to 54-36 on an O'Donnell layup at 7:22. Two minutes later another corner triple from Cramb stretched it to 59-39 in favor of Assumption. Franklin Pierce wasn't able to get any closer than 14 points the rest of the way as the Hounds finished with the 16-point victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption was led by Cramb with 18 points followed by O'Donnell with 14 points and six rebounds. Hawkins earned 12 points and seven rebounds while Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) put in 11 points.
- Franklin Pierce was led by Lisa Sulejmani with 18 points while Sophia Holmes contributed 16 points and six rebounds. Izzy Lipinski earned 11 points and led the team with seven rebounds.
- The Hounds shot 50.0 percent from the floor, 33.3 percent from beyond the arc and 100.0 percent at the free throw line while earning 29 rebounds, 17 assists and eight steals. The Ravens shot 46.5 percent from the field, 38.5 percent from three and 60.0 percent from the foul line and collected 22 rebounds, 12 assists and five steals.
- The Hounds are back home on Saturday, February 23, for their senior game at 1:30 p.m. against Stonehill.