- Score: Le Moyne 75, Assumption 69
- Records: Le Moyne (13-7, 9-5 NE10), Assumption (7-12, 4-10 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gym)
- The Lead: Assumption trailed for much of the second half but went on a run in the final six minutes to tie the game, however, Le Moyne was able to hit its shots late and escape with a 75-69 victory on Saturday afternoon in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption jumped out to a 9-5 lead at 6:45 off a three from Meghan Reen (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood) and extended it to 10-5 three minutes later. Le Moyne responded with a 10-6 run over the final 3:10 of the period to trail by just one, 16-15, at the end of the quarter.
- Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass. / Ursuline Academy) scored Assumption's first six points of the second and gave the Hounds a 22-19 lead on a three-point play at 7:26. Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md. / Glen Burnie) extended the lead to 24-19 with 6:41 left, however, six straight by the Dolphins gave them a 25-24 lead with 4:00 minutes left. The team's traded baskets the rest of the quarter and Assumption trailed 31-29 at the half, as a last-second three was off the mark.
- Le Moyne used a 15-8 run over the first five minutes of the third period to push its lead to 46-37. The Dolphins extended it as high as ten points multiple times, though a pair of free throws from O'Donnell cut it to eight with 1:10 left. The Dolphins added two more points for a 56-46 lead through three.
- In the fourth Assumption trailed 60-48 at 8:41, before scoring ten straight points to trim it to just two on a Kiera O'Donnell (Cheshire, Conn. / Holy Cross) free throw at 4:43. Morgan O'Brien (Reading, Mass. / Reading) tied the game at 62 apiece with 3:12 remaining. Le Moyne answered with a three-point play and an O'Brien layup made it a one-point game, however, the Hounds missed their next three shots and the Dolphins made their free throws to earn the six-point win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot 46.3 percent from the floor in the game but was just 4 of 19 from beyond the arc and 15-for-20 on free throws. Le Moyne, meanwhile, made 64.0 percent of its shots and was 3-for-11 from downtown. Assumption only committed 13 turnovers and outrebounded the Dolphins 30-24.
- Reen scored a career-high 21 points with four rebounds and two assists while Morgan O'Donnell added five rebounds, three assists and two steals. O'Brien was also in double figures with 12 points and two boards.
- McKayla Roberts had a double-double of 17 points, ten assists and two steals while Nicole Riddick added 16 points, six rebounds and two steals.
- The Hounds return to action on Wednesday when they travel to play Merrimack at 5:30 pm.