- Score: Franklin Pierce 76, Assumption 60
- Records: Assumption (15-11, 11-10 NE-10) Franklin Pierce (14-12, 11-10 NE-10)
- Location: Rindge, N.H. (FPU Fieldhouse)
- The Lead: In the regular-season finale, the Assumption College women's basketball team dropped a 76-60 final to Franklin Pierce University at the FPU Fieldhouse on Tuesday night. The Hounds are the No. 3 seed in the Northeast Division of the league tournament and will travel to No. 2 seeded Southern Connecticut State University for a Northeast-10 Quarterfinal Game on Sunday, February 28th in New Haven, Conn. Game time and full tournament pairings will be announced at www.northeast10.org.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Hounds jumped out to an early 9-6 lead just 4:02 in on a three from junior Kelly Carey (Long Beach, N.Y./Holy Trinity) and eventually stretched the edge to as high as six at 15-9. The Ravens posted a quick 5-0 run though, capped by a three from Jemma Thacker, to close to within 15-14 with 2:47 left in the period. Assumption continued to lead by one at 19-18 before a 5-0 Raven run closed the first quarter, including a late three from Thacker.
- Franklin Pierce led by as many as seven points in the second, including the first time at 32-25 with 6:17 left following a jumper from Dana Campbell. The Hounds cut the lead down to 39-36 on a layup from senior Ann Marie Idusuyi (Lynn, Mass./St. Mary's) before Thacker's late three sent the game into the half at 42-36 in favor of the Ravens.
- An early 7-0 Franklin Pierce run to start the second half stretched the lead to 49-36 as Assumption was held scoreless for the first 4:41 of the period until two free throws from senior Kelly Conley (Ellington, Conn./Ellington). The Ravens led by double digits over the remainder of the third as FPU held the 61-50 edge heading to the final 10 minutes.
- Franklin Pierce maintained at least a nine-point advantage over the game's final 10 minutes as the Ravens salvaged the split of the regular-season series with the Hounds. The Ravens earn the No. 4 seed in the league's Northeast Division.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior Jo Impellizeri (Seaford, N.Y./St. Anthony's) was the lone Hound in double figures with 16 points, while Conley added eight points and four assists. For the Ravens, Kara Charette led four players in double figures with 20 points and seven rebounds. Thacker added 16, while Natalie Bastian posted 14 and Dyamond Gardner finished with 13 points and seven boards.
- Assumption opens Northeast-10 Tournament play on the road on Sunday, February 28th as the Hounds travel to Southern Connecticut State University for a Northeast-10 Quarterfinal game in New Haven, Conn.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the women's basketball team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.