- Event: Skyhawk Invitational
- Place: 5th/8
- Dates: April 27, 2019
- Location: North Easton, Mass.
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team had some strong performances in its final tune up before the NE10 Championships, facing some Division I competition at the Skyhawk Invitational on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) won the 400 meters with his time of 50.50, taking the event by .21 seconds. He was also part of the 4x400 relay which placed second with its time of 3:25.14 seconds. Joining him in the relay was Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin), Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc) and Tom Helms (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading).
- Junior William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) was impressive in the 3000 meters, placing first among Division II runners and fifth overall with his time of 9:13.53. Shawn Scullion (Candiac, Que. / Heritage Regional) was seventh in 9:18.80. Freshman Jake Luongo (Stoneham, Mass. / Stoneham) then took second in the 5000 meters with a personal best time of 15:56.74.
- In the 400 meter hurdles, Christopher Carey (South Dennis, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) placed fifth in 57.75 while Kyle Belmonte (Charlton, Mass. / Shepherd Hill) was right behind him in sixth with a time of 59.10 seconds. In the 1500 meters, freshman Nik Reygadas (Warwick, R.I. / Toll Gate) placed ninth with a time of 4:14.64.
- Junior William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury) earned a third place finish in the shot put with a personal best of 14.53 meters, while Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) placed fifth with his throw of 14.11 meters. Bennett then took sixth in the discus with a toss of 37.26 meters. Ryan Burns (Danville, N.H. / Central Catholic) finished eight with a throw of 35.73 meters.
- Senior John Plisko (Moosic, Pa. / Riverside) won the javelin with a toss of 51.34 meters while Jeffrey Chicca (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) took 10th. In the hammer throw, Burns took ninth with a distance of 32.55 meters.
- Freshman Samuel Baker (Bedford, Mass. / Shawsheen Tech) placed sixth in the triple jump with a distance of 12.49 meters while classmate Joseph Jepsen (Sutton, Mass. / Sutton) was ninth in the long jump (5.93m).
- The team returns to action on May 3 when they compete in the opening day of the NE10 Championships, hosted by Southern New Hampshire.