- Race: New England Championships
- Location: Hanover, N.H. (Dartmouth College)
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team completed day one at the New England Championship and will look to score points during the conclusion of the two day event tomorrow and move up the rankings.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) qualified for tomorrow's finals in the 400 meter dash, finishing in seventh with a new school record time of 48.74 seconds.
- Sophomore Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc Regional) is competing in the decathlon for Assumption over the course of the two day championship, and highlighted his day with a third place finish in both the 100 meter dash (11.19 seconds) and the high jump (6 feet, 2.75-inches).
- In the javelin, junior John Plisko (Moosic, Pa. / Riverside) recorded an 11th place finish with a distance of 178 feet, 10-inches.
- Freshman Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) placed 11th in the 110 meter hurdles preliminaries with a time of 15.33 seconds, while sophomore Cameron Behn (Amherst, N.H / Souhegan) and senior Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional) finished 26th and 28th with times of 57.87 seconds and 59.44 seconds.
- In the 10,000 meters, junior Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) raced his way to a 20th place finish with a time of 33:56.86.