- Race: 2018 NE10 Outdoor Championships
- Result: 6th out of 11
- Location: New Haven, Conn. (Southern Conn. University)
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team placed sixth at the 2018 Outdoor Track & Field Championships, finishing with a point total of 66.50. The result matches last year's program best finish of sixth, but the team scored 7.5 more points this season at the championship.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc Regional) recorded the top finish on the day for Assumption, claiming a silver medal in the decathlon with a new school record point total of 6099. Hack won the discus in the decathlon with a distance of 112 feet, 10-inches, before finishing second in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 15.71 seconds to highlight the day. Freshman Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) finished sixth with 5604 points, highlighted by his first place finish in the pole vault (13 feet, 5.25-inches).
- In the shot put, Junior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) placed fourth with a distance of 46 feet, 5.5-inches, while sophomore William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury memorial) finished eighth with a distance of 44 feet, 4-inches.
- Hack placed fourth in the high jump, clearing a height of 6 feet, 2.25-inches, while freshman Antonio Di Genova (Waltham, Mass. / Waltham) finished ninth in the triple jump with a distance of 42 feet, 6.25-inches.
- Freshman Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) raced to a fifth place finish in the 400 meter dash, completing the race with a time of 49.16 seconds.
- In the 800 meters, senior Jeremy Alley-Tarter (Oak Bluffs, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard) finished fifth with a time of 1:54.55, while sophomore Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) placed eighth in 1:54.78.
- Freshman Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) and Di Genova made the finals in the 100 meter hurdles and placed sixth and seventh with times of 15.40 seconds and 15.68 seconds, respectively.
- In the 400 meter hurdles, sophomore Cameron Behn (Amherst, N.H / Souhegan) and senior Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional) finished ninth and tenth with times of 56.36 seconds and 56.47 seconds.
- Freshman Shawn Scullion (Candiac, Que. / Heritage Regional) competed in the 3000 meter steeplechase and placed ninth with a time of 10:07.62.
- Freshman Jonathan Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) competed in the 5000 meters for the Hounds and finished eighth with a time of 15:33.20.