- Race: Skyhawk Invitational
- Result: 2nd out of 10
- Location: Easton, Mass.
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team finished second at the Skyhawk Invitational, scoring 108 points. Stonehill won the meet with 155 points, while Holy Cross finished third (97 points) and Bryant finished fourth with 95 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) won the 400 meter dash for the second meet in a row, finishing with a time of 49.34 seconds. Senior Evan Edgar (Avon, Conn. / Avon) finished tenth in the race with a time of 23.08 seconds.
- Freshman Antonio Di Genova (Waltham, Mass. / Waltham) won the triple jump with a distance of 42 feet, 10.75-inches, while classmate Cameron Donoghue (Yarmouth Port, Mass. / Barnstable) placed seventh in the long jump with a distance of 21 feet, 2.5-inches.
- In the 3000 meter run, the Hounds placed four competitors in the top seven spots. Freshman Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) paced Assumption with a second place finish in 9:07.70. Classmate Ryan Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) placed third in 9:08.79, while fellow freshman Shawn Scullion (Candiac, Que. / Heritage Regional) and junior Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) finished sixth and seventh with times of 9:14.36 and 9:20.27.
- In the javelin, junior John Plisko (Moosic, Pa. / Riverside) placed third with a distance of 172 feet, 4-inches, while senior Joseph Bretta (Westborough, Mass. / Westborough) and junior Daniel Florendo (Scotch Plains, N.J. / Union Catholic Regional) placed fourth and seventh with distances of 172 feet, 4-inches and 166 feet, 10-inches.
- Junior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) and sophomore William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury memorial) competed in the shot put and finished third and seventh with distances of 45 feet, 10.75-inches and 43 feet, 10.75-inches, respectively. Bruso also competed in the discus and placed third with a distance of 127 feet, 2-inches.
- In the 100 meter dash, sophomore Keelan Thomas (Bronx, N.Y. / New Rochelle) raced to a third place finish in 11.00 seconds and senior Derek Field (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) placed seventh with a time of 11.25 seconds. Field also competed in the 200 meter dash and finished seventh in 22.89 seconds.
- The Hounds placed three in the top seven of the 400 meter hurdles, with senior Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional) leading the way with a fourth place finish in 57.45 seconds. Sophomore Cameron Behn (Amherst, N.H / Souhegan) and freshman Anthony Marini (Ipswich, Mass. / Ipswich) finished in sixth and seventh with times of 57.77 seconds and 58.60 seconds.
- In the 110 meter hurdles, freshman Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) completed the race in 15.67 seconds to take sixth place. Di Genova finished seventh with a time of 15.72 seconds and senior Andrew Churchill (Hubbardston, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) placed ninth in 16.04 seconds.
- Sophomore Elijah Fossas (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) raced to a fourth place finish in the 800 meters with a time of 1:53.07, while senior Ian Flanagan (North Attleboro, Mass. / North Attleboro) paced the Hounds in the 1500 meters with a seventh place finish in 4:04.14.
- Senior Jonathan Geromini (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) finished ninth in the 5000 meters to lead the Hounds, finishing with a time of 16:46.86.
- In the pole vault, freshman Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) finished seventh after clearing a height of 13 feet, 5.25-inches.