- Race: Holy Cross Decathlon
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team sent three competitors to the Holy Cross Decathlon, where two school records fell.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc Regional) led the way for Assumption finishing fourth overall with a new school record point total of 5771. Freshman Cameron Donoghue (Yarmouth Port, Mass. / Barnstable) placed fifth with a point total of 5764, while classmate Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) rounded out the Hound competitors with 4795 points.
- Hack's top finish came in the 110 meter hurdles where he set a new school record, finishing first with a time of 15.34 seconds.
- Donoghue's top finish came in the high jump where he placed first after clearing a height of 6 feet, 3.5-inches. Hack also tied for first, leaping the same height.
- Girouard recorded a top-three finish in the pole vault, his best result of the day, when he cleared 12 feet, 5.5-inches to place third.