- Race: Yellow Jacket Invitational
- Location: American International College
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team competed at the Yellow Jacket Invitational yesterday, where the Hounds claimed two first place finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds dominated the 800 meter run, as senior Jeremy Alley-Tarter (Oak Bluffs, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard) won the race with a time of 1:57.40. Sophomore Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) came in second with a time of 1:57.56, while classmate William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) finished fourth in 1:58.37.
- The 4x400 relay claimed a first place finish, as freshman Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin), Michaud, Alley-Tarter and sophomore Elijah Fossas (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) combined to finish with a time of 3:24.70.
- The 4x100 relay of senior Derek Field (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin), sophomore J. Scott MacDuffie (Grafton, Mass. / Grafton), sophomore Keelan Thomas (Bronx, N.Y. / New Rochelle) and freshman Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) combined to finish second with a time of 44.63 seconds.
- Pirtle raced to a second place finish in the 400 meter dash with a time of 50.86 seconds, while Field placed fifth in the 200 meter dash with a time of 22.88 seconds.
- Senior Matt Drummond (Wyoming, R.I. / Chariho Regional) finished in second place in the 3000 meter steeplechase, finishing with a time of 11:11.00.
- In the 110 meter hurdles, freshman Antonio Di Genova (Waltham, Mass. / Waltham) paced the Hounds with a third place finish, clocking in with a time of 15.51 seconds. Santos finishes fifth in 15.65 seconds, while senior Andrew Churchill (Hubbardston, Mass. / Quabbin Regional) placed sixth in 15.94 seconds.
- In the 100 meter dash, sophomore Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc Regional) and Field race to a sixth and seventh place finish with times of 11.47 seconds and 11.53 seconds, while senior Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional) competed in the 400 meter hurdles and placed sixth in 58.95 seconds.
- Junior Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) placed fourth in the 10,000 meters, finishing with a time of 33:51.44, while sophomore Ryan Cardozo (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) finished fifth in 34:05.40.
- Freshman Ryan Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) led the Hounds in the 5,000 meter run, placing seventh in 16:01.72. Classmates Jonathan Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) and Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) finished in eighth and ninth with times of 16:02.08 and 16:34.81, respectively.
- In the shot put, freshman William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury memorial) recorded a fourth place finish after registering a distance of 40 feet, 8.25-inches, while junior John Plisko (Moosic, Pa. / Riverside) placed fifth in the javelin with a distance of 179 feet, 3-inches.
- Freshman Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) cleared 5 feet, 7-inches to place fifth in the high jump, while Hack placed fifth in the long jump with a distance of 20 feet, .5-inches.