- Race: Black & Gold Invitational
- Location: Bryant University
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team opened its 2018 outdoor season at the Black & Gold Invitational held at Bryant University, where the Hounds recorded eight top-ten finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Brendan Carter (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading) highlighted the day for the Hounds, as he won the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 10:04.19.
- The 4x400 relay recorded a runners up finish, as senior Jeremy Alley-Tarter (Oak Bluffs, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard), sophomore Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin), freshman Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) and sophomore Elijah Fossas (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) combined to finish with a time of 3:22.35.
- In the 400 meter dash, Pirtle led the way with a sixth place finish with a time of 49.92, while Michaud and Alley-Tarter finished in 12th and 14th place with times of 51.10 and 51.11 seconds, respectively.
- Freshman Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) registered a fifth place finish in the pole vault, clearing a height of 13 feet, 5.25-inches, while sophomore Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc Regional) competed in the high jump and placed sixth with a height of 6 feet, 3.5-inches.
- In the 1500 meters, sophomore William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) finished in seventh place with a time of 3:59.00, while senior Ian Flanagan (North Attleboro, Mass. / North Attleboro) placed 13th with a time of 4:04.85.
- Freshman Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) competed in the 110 meter hurdles and raced to seventh place, finishing with a time of 15.38 seconds. Sophomore Keelan Thomas (Bronx, N.Y. / New Rochelle) competed in both the 100 and 200 meter dash, placing 11th and 15th with times of 11.39 seconds and 23.29 seconds, respectively.
- In the javelin, junior John Plisko (Moosic, Pa. / Riverside) cleared a distance of 181 feet, 2-inches which placed him ninth in the event. Junior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) competed in the shot put and finished 13th, recording a heave of 125 feet, while freshman William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury memorial) took part in the shot put and placed 12th with a distance of 41 feet, 3.25-inches.
- Senior Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional) paced the Hounds in the 400 meter hurdles, racing to a time of 59.32 seconds which was good for a 12th place finish.