- Location: Northampton, Mass. (Smith College)
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team placed fifth overall at the 2018 NE10 Indoor Track & Field Championship, setting a new program record after besting last year's sixth place finish.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshmen Cameron Donoghue (Yarmouth Port, Mass. / Barnstable) kicked off the meet with a silver medal in the heptathlon, setting a new school record with a point total of 4614. Sophomore Kevin Hack (Uxbridge, Mass. / Nipmuc Regional) finished the meet in sixth (4393), while freshman Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) placed eighth with 3719 points.
- Hack also competed in the high jump and won a silver medal, clearing a height of 6 feet, 6.25-inches.
- In the shot put, junior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) earned a bronze medal, recording a distance of 47 feet, 5-inches on his toss, while freshman William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury memorial) placed 12th with a heave of 42 feet, 4-inches.
- Sophomore Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) kept the medal trend going, grabbing a bronze medal in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:56.28.
- The 4x800 meter relay quartet of senior Ian Flanagan (North Attleboro, Mass. / North Attleboro), sophomore Elijah Fossas (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional), classmate William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) and sophomore Dermot Coughlin (Castleton, N.Y / La Salle Institute) set a new school record, combining to finish with a time of 8:01.87, good for a fourth place finish.
- In the 60 meter hurdles finals, freshman Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) raced to an eighth place finish, clocking in with a time of 8.69 seconds.
- Another school record went down in the 400 meter dash, where freshmen Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) crossed the finish line in 50.81 seconds, which placed him 10th overall in the event.
- Sophomore Brendan Carter (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading) competed in the 3000 meter run and finished 22nd with a time of 9:14.22.
- The 4x400 relay consisting of Pirtle, sophomore Keelan Thomas (Bronx, N.Y. / New Rochelle), senior Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional), and Michaud placed ninth after finishing with a time of 3:29.04.
- The Hounds conclude their indoor season and will be off for a month before opening their outdoor season at Bridgewater State.