- Location: Location: Boston, Mass. (Reggie Lewis Center); Medford, Mass. (Tufts)
- The Lead: Sophomore Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) broke the Assumption men's track & field record in the 1000 meter run to highlight the day for the Hounds, as the team competed at the John Thomas Terrier Classic and at Tufts.
HOW IT HAPPENED: JOHN THOMAS TERRIER CLASSIC
- Michaud placed 12th in the 1000 meter run, finishing with a time of 2:28.74 to break the program record.
- Freshman Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) placed 23rd in the 500 meter dash with a time of 1:07.68, while senior Jeremy Alley-Tarter (Oak Bluffs, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard) finished 36th in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:55.20.
- Freshman Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) competed in the 5000 meter run and placed 51st with a time of 15:44.84, while sophomore Brendan Carter (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading) placed 71st in the 3000 meter run, clocking in with a time of 8:45.59.
HOW IT HAPPENED: TUFTS STAMPEDE
- Junior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) broke a 13 year-old Assumption record in the shot put, clearing a distance of 48 feet, 7.25-inches to place third.
- Sophomore Keelan Thomas (Bronx, N.Y. / New Rochelle) recorded two, top-ten finishes, placing fifth in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.24 seconds, while also finishing eighth in the 200 meter dash in 23.51 seconds. Senior Derek Field (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) joined Thomas in both events, finishing seventh in the 60 meter dash (7.26 seconds) and 16th in the 200 meter dash (24.03 seconds).
- Freshmen Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) and Antonio Di Genova (Waltham, Mass. / Waltham) finished sixth and seventh in the 60 meter hurdles, clocking in with times of 8.75 and 8.77 seconds, respectively.
- In the 1000 meter run, sophomore Dermot Coughlin (Castleton, N.Y / La Salle Institute) placed ninth with a time of 2:42.33, while classmate Zachary Durand (Harrisville, R.I / Burrillville) finished 20th in the 3000 meter run with a time of 9:33.37.
- Freshman Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) competed in the high jump and the pole vault, placing 11th in the high jump (5 feet 8-inches) and 13th in the pole vault (12 feet, 5.5-inches).
- Freshman Jonathan Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) raced in the 5000 meter run and finished with a time of 16:08.97. Classmate Anthony Marini (Ipswich, Mass. / Ipswich) led the Hounds in the 400 meter dash, placing 21st in 54.85 seconds.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
Assumption placed 10th at the meet with 18 points, while Stonehill won the meet with 147 points. Tufts (119), MIT (85.50), Amherst (76) and Worcester State (63) rounded out the top five.
- The Hounds return to action next Saturday when they compete at the NEICAAA Indoor Championships held at the Reggie Lewis Center.