- Location: Kingston, R.I. (University of Rhode Island)
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team competed at the Sorlien Memorial Invitational at the University of Rhode Island on Saturday, where the Hounds recorded a number of strong performances.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) highlighted the day for the Hounds, as he competed in the 1000 meter run and placed third with a time of 2:31.42. Classmate William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) joined Michaud in the event and finished in ninth with a time of 2:37.14.
- Freshman Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin) continues to impress for the Hounds, placing third in the 500 meter dash clocking in at 1:07.66. Pirtle was also a member of the 4x400 relay that came in third, joining senior Jeremy Alley-Tarter (Oak Bluffs, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard), Michaud, and Mardo to finish the race in 3:27.62.
- The Hounds placed three runners in the top-15 of the mile run, as sophomore Brendan Carter (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading) led the way with a seventh place finish in 4:30.17. Freshman Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) and sophomore Zachary Durand (Harrisville, R.I / Burrillville) finished in 14th and 15th with times of 4:45.34 and 4:45.75, respectively.
- Junior Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) competed in the shot put and recorded a distance of 47 feet, 7.25-inches which was good for an eighth place finish.
- Sophomore Keelan Thomas (Bronx, N.Y. / New Rochelle) just missed out on reaching the finals of the 60 meter dash, finishing in ninth place with a time of 7.11 seconds. In the 60 meter hurdles, both freshmen Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) and Antonio Di Genova (Waltham, Mass. / Waltham) just missed out on making the finals, placing tenth and 12th with times of 8.81 and 8.91 seconds, respectively.
- Thomas paced the Hounds in the 200 meter dash placing 15th with a time of 23.35 seconds, while senior Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional) finished 11th in the 400 meter dash with a time of 55.07 seconds.
- Senior Ian Flanagan (North Attleboro, Mass. / North Attleboro) competed in the 3000 meter run and finished with a time of 9:19.75 which was good for a 15th place finish.
- The Hounds return to action next Saturday when they compete at the John Thomas Terrier Classic Invitational and the Tufts Stampede.