- The Lead: At the Silfen Invitational on Saturday, the Assumption College men's track and field team placed 14th out of 17 teams in the meet that was hosted by Connecticut College. The Hounds posted a total of 21 points for the meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Luares Tavares (Taunton, Mass./Taunton) picked up three top-10 finishes with a trio of personal bests. In the 100 meters, Tavares ran a blistering time of 11.07 seconds to finish in fifth overall. He followed that with a seventh-place finish in the 200 meters as he ran a time of 22.47 seconds. In the long jump, he posted a leap of 21 feet, .25 inches to get a personal best by a centimeter and finish fifth overall.
- In the 110-meter hurdles, sophomore Andrew Churchill (Hubbardston, Mass./Quabbin Regional) finished 10th as he crossed in 16.35.
- In the field events, sophomore Alex Cerbo (Cranston, R.I./Bishop Hendricken) picked up two top-10 finishes, including a runner-up throw in the hammer in a distance of 158 feet. In the shot, he was sixth with a throw of 43 feet, 11 inches, while freshman Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) was 10th at 42 feet, 7.5 inches.
- In the javelin, two Hounds finished in the top 10 with sophomore Joseph Bretta (Westborough, Mass./Westborough) and freshman John Plisko (Moosic, Pa./Riverside). Bretta was ninth at 164 feet, while Plisko tossed 158 feet, 2.75 inches.
- Assumption is back in action on Saturday, April 23rd as the Hounds travel to the Sean Collier Invitational, which is hosted by MIT.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's track and field team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.