- The Lead: The Assumption College men's track and field team posted 10 top-10 finishes at the Yellow Jacket Invitational on Saturday afternoon in Springfield, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In addition, to them team's performance at AIC, sophomore Jeremy Alley-Tarter (Oak Bluffs, Mass./Martha's Vineyard) ran a time of 1:57.06 at the Sam Howell Invitational on Friday evening at Princeton University. His time narrowly missed the program's school record by just .26 seconds.
- In the shot put, sophomore Alex Cerbo (Cranston, R.I./Bishop Hendricken) led three Hounds in the top 10 as he placed eighth in a distance of 42 feet, 7.5 inches. Freshman Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) followed in ninth at 42 feet, 0.75 inches, while senior Nathan Smith (Piermont, N.H./St. Johnsbury Academy) was 10th with a throw of 41 feet, five inches. In addition to his showing in the shot, Cerbo placed fifth in the hammer throw with a toss of 161 feet, 4.5 inches.
- The Hounds also had a pair of top-10 finishers in the javelin as junior Tim Jensen (Manchester, Conn./East Catholic) finished in eighth with a throw of 156 feet, 5.5 inches as he was followed in 10th by sophomore Joseph Bretta (Westborough, Mass./Westborough) with a toss of 151 feet, 5.5 inches.
- Capping off the field performances was a fourth-place showing in the long jump by graduate student Eddy Frazier (Worcester, Mass./Burncoat) and an eight-place finish in the triple jump from sophomore Luares Tavares (Taunton, Mass./Taunton). Frazier finished with a jump of 21 feet, 3.5 inches, while Tavares had a jump of 43 feet, two inches.
- On the track, the 4x100-meter team finished in second in a time of 42.71, while junior Darnell Butler (Hudson, Mass./Hudson) was 10th in the 100 meters in 11.36. Sophomore Andrew Churchill (Hubbardston, Mass./Quabbin Regional) also placed 10th in the 110-meter hurdles as he crossed in a time of 16.03 seconds.
- Assumption is back in action on Friday-Saturday, April 15-16 as the Hounds travel to the Silfen Invitational, which is hosted by Connecticut College.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's track and field team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.