- Location: Staten Island, N.Y. (Ocean Breeze Track and Field Athletic Complex)
- The Lead: At the Spartan Regional Preview Meet on Friday afternoon, the Assumption College men's track and field team finished 16th and broke the school record in the 4x400 meter relay as the Hounds finished the meet with a total of 30 points. The meet was run at the newly-opened Ocean Breeze Track and Field Athletic Complex and featured teams from Divisions I, II and III.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the 4x400 relay to close out the men's competition at the meet, the Hounds finished seventh overall in a time of 3:33.88 to break the previous record by just .77 seconds.
-Graduate student Eddy Frazier (Worcester, Mass./Burncoat) enjoyed a solid day as he finished fifth in the 60 meters in a time of 7.05 in the finals. Frazier won the second heat of the prelims in a time of 7.05, finishing 0.2 seconds in front in that heat. Frazier also picked up two points in the long jump for the Hounds with a leap of nearly 21 feet.
- Sophomore Luares Tavares (Taunton, Mass./Taunton) picked up two points in the triple jump for the Hounds as he jumped 42 feet, two inches on his third attempt of the final flight.
- In the field events, sophomore Alex Cerbo (Cranston, R.I./Bishop Hendricken) picked up a pair of top-five finishes in his flights while scoring 13 points overall for the Hounds. In the shot put, Cerbo was second in his flight for eight points with a throw of 45 feet, seven inches. He followed that with a five-point performance in the weight throw as he placed fourth in his flight with a toss of 48 feet, two inches.
- Freshman Andrew Mongiat (Waterboro, Maine/Massabesic) earned five points in the 3,000 meters as he captured his heat in a time of 9:26.21.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday, January 23rd as the Hounds travel to the Smith College Invitational in Northampton, Mass.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's track and field team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.