- Event: NE10 Championship – Day 1
- Results: Tied - 1st of 10
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Plourde Pool)
- The Lead: The Assumption women's swimming & diving team is tied for first place following the opening day of competition at the 2018 NE10 Championships alongside Bentley and Southern Connecticut.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption opened up its meet with a record-breaking performance in the 200 medley relay, as the relay finished just 0.02 out of second place with a time of 1:46.08. Bentley just edged the Hounds while Southern Connecticut won the event. Racing for Assumption were Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine / Cony), Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa / Clarendon), Courtney Barr (Waltham, Mass. / Matignon) and Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md. / Archbishop Spalding).
- The Hound 'B' relay won its heat of the 200 medley relay by 0.14 with a time of 1:47.66, behind the quartet of Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass. / Duxbury), Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass. / Nantucket), Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) and Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn. / East Lyme).
- The 800 free relay was a similar story as the Assumption 'A' relay placed third overall with a time of 7:41.96, behind Southern Conn. and Bentley. Racing for the Hounds was Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J. / Rutgers Preparatory), Guadalupi, Sydney LaQue (Burnt Hills, N.Y. / Burnt Hills Ballston Lake) and Bry Veroneau (Belchertown, Mass. / Belchertown).
- Once again the 'B' relay won its heat, this time in 7:44.24 behind the foursome of Bella Omobono (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford), Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memoria), Nicholls and Niamh Morgan (Bettystown, Ireland / Sacred Heart School).
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- Assumption was tied with Bentley and Southern Connecticut after the opening two events with 124 total points.
- The Hounds currently await decision on NCAA qualifiers. The NCAA Championships are scheduled for March 8-11 in Birmingham, Alabama.