- Event: Dual Meet vs. LIU Post
- Results: LIU Post 163, Assumption 99
- Location: Brookville, N.Y. (LIU Post)
- The Lead: The Assumption swimming and diving team dropped its first dual meet of the season, as LIU Post raced past the Hounds on the Pioneers senior day, 163-99.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J. / Rutgers Preparatory) had a standout day for the Hounds, winning the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:16.46. The sophomore also placed second in the 1000 freestyle and the 200 fly, clocking in at 10:51.51 and 2:16.82, respectively.
- Junior Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial) was the only other Hound to record a victory on the day, as she paced the field in the 1000 freestyle with a time of 10:49.82. Quirk also finished second in the 500 freestyle, finishing in 5:19.41.
- Sophomore Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md. / Archbishop Spalding) raced her way to a handful of top three finishes, placing second in the 100 IM (1:02.30), second in the 100 breaststroke (1:09.95) and third in the 100 freestyle (56.11 seconds). Freshman Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass. / Nantucket) joined Holmes in the 100 IM and placed third with a time of 1:04.59, while also finishing fourth in the 100 breaststroke in 1:10.67. The highlight of the day for Roberts came in the 200 breaststroke when she touched in second place, clocking in with a time of 2:31.25.
- In the 100 butterfly, senior Courtney Barr (Waltham, Mass. / Matignon) led the way with a time of 1:01.93, good for a second place finish. Sophomore Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) finished right behind Barr in fourth with a time of 1:02.30. Barr also led the Hounds in the 200 backstroke finishing with a time of 2:15.05, while freshman Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine / Cony) touched the wall in third with a time of 2:16.11.
- In the 100 backstroke, senior Niamh Morgan (Bettystown, Ireland / Sacred Heart School) placed third with a time of 1:02.01, while Barr finished fourth in 1:02.89.
- Sophomore Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn. / East Lyme) raced her way to a fourth place finish in the 100 freestyle (56.33 seconds) and senior Bry Veroneau (Belchertown, Mass. / Belchertown) also finished fourth in the 50 freestyle with a time of 25.89 seconds.
- Junior Ali Petrozza (North Andover, Mass. / Austin Preparatory School) recorded the top finish for the Hounds in the 200 butterfly, placing third in 2:17.13.
- Veroneau and Guadalupi competed in the 200 freestyle, where they finished in second and third place with times of 2:00.80 and 2:02.93, respectively.
- The 200 yard medley relay consisting of Guadalupi, Roberts, Kaczor and Holmes raced their way to a third place finish, clocking in at 1:53.28.
- The 400 freestyle relay featured the quartet of junior Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa / Clarendon), Magna, Veroneau and sophomore Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass. / Duxbury) placed third while finishing with a time of 3:48.99.
- Assumption return to action next Saturday when they host Merrimack where the Hounds will honor their senior class at 1:00 p.m.