- Event: Worcester City Championship
- Results: 1st out of four teams
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Clark University)
- The Lead: The Assumption women's swimming & diving team claimed the Worcester City Championship for the sixth year in a row after finishing in first with a point total of 883.5.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshmen Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine / Cony) had an outstanding day for the Hounds, as she won both the 100 backstroke (1:01.86) and the 50 backstroke (29.23). Sophomore Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass. / Duxbury) joined Guadalupi in both events, placing second in the 100 back with a time of 1:02.53 and third in the 50 back with a time of 29.95.
- Sophomore Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md. / Archbishop Spalding) continues her stellar campaign as she claimed first place in the 50 breaststroke, finishing in 31.49 seconds, while also placing second in the 100 freestyle (55.10) and the 100 breaststroke (1:10.18).
- In the 50 butterfly, senior Courtney Barr (Waltham, Mass. / Matignon) placed first with a time of 27.11 seconds, while sophomore Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) finished second in 27.32 seconds.
- Junior Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial) finished in second place in the 500 freestyle after finishing with a time of 5:15.56, while sophomore Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J. / Rutgers Preparatory) placed third in 5:17.85. Quirk also competed in the 200 freestyle, touching the wall in third with a time of 1:59.66.
- In the 100 butterfly, Kaczor paced the Hounds with a second place finish in 1:00.62, while senior Bry Veroneau (Belchertown, Mass. / Belchertown) and junior Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa / Clarendon) placed third and fourth in the 50 freestyle with times of 25.37 and 25.41 seconds, respectively.
- Nicholls then competed in the 200 IM and touched in fourth place with a time of 2:18.20, just out-touching freshman Lauren Kuhns (Homer, Alaska / Homer) who placed fifth with a time of 2:18.31.
- The relays also stood out for the Hounds, as the 200 freestyle relay placed first at the Worcester Championship. Holmes, Veroneau, senior Bella Omobono (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) and Rangulong combined to finish with a time of 1:41.26.
- The 200 medley relay team also raced their way to a first place finish, as Senior Niamh Morgan (Bettystown, Ireland / Sacred Heart School), Holmes, Kaczor and Omobono finished with a time of 1:52.53.
- Both the 400 medley and 400 freestyle relay placed second, finishing with times of 4:08.67 and 3:42.30, respectively. The 400 medley consisted of Morgan, Holmes, Kaczor and Nicholls, while the 400 free relay combined Guadalupi, Veroneau, Rangulong and Kaczor.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption placed first for the sixth year in a row at the Worcester City Championship, finishing with a total point score of 883.5. Holy cross placed second (856), while WPI (737.5) and Clark (324) rounded out the group.
- The Hounds return to action November 11th when they host Sacred Heart University for a dual meet starting at 4:30 p.m.