- Event: Le Moyne Tri-Meet
- Results: Assumption 177, Le Moyne 100; Assumption 198, Merrimack 60
- Location: Syracuse, N.Y. (Rev. Vincent B. Ryan, S.J. Pool)
- The Lead: The Assumption women's swimming & diving team dominated the field at Le Moyne today, as they won 10 out of the 14 races while sweeping the top three spots in four of those races.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The 400 medley relay started the meet with a bang for the Hounds, as freshman Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine / Cony), sophomore Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md. / Archbishop Spalding), classmate Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) and junior Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa / Clarendon) claimed first place while also breaking the pool record that has stood since 2009, finishing with a time of 4:07.93.
- Junior Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial), Sophomore Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J. / Rutgers Preparatory) and classmate Sydney LaQue (Burnt Hills, N.Y. / Burnt Hills Ballston Lake) swept the top three spots in both the 1000 free, as Quirk set the pace with a time of 10:47.48, while Kurtz and LaQue finished second and third with times of 10:52.43 and 11:04.91, respectively. Quirk and Kurtz also placed first and second in the 500 free, as Quirk (5:19.05) and Kurtz (5:21.56) were joined by senior Bry Veroneau (Belchertown, Mass. / Belchertown) who placed third in the event with a time of 5:28.21.
- In the 200 freestyle, the Hounds once again swept the top three spots, as Veroneau won the race in 2:00.08, while Guadalupi (2:01.14) and Kaczor (2:02.50) finished second and third.
- Senior Niamh Morgan (Bettystown, Ireland / Sacred Heart School) had an outstanding meet for the Hounds, as the senior claimed three individual races. Morgan finished first in the 100 backstroke (1:01.55), the 200 backstroke (2:13.39) and the 200 IM (2:14.35). Senior Courtney Barr (Waltham, Mass. / Matignon) joined Morgan in the 100 and 200 backstroke and finished second in both races with times of 1:02.90 and 2:14.77, while LaQue placed third in the 200 backstroke in 2:14.86.
- Holmes also raced her way to a pair of victories, winning the 50 freestyle with a time of 25.02 seconds and claiming the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:34.43.Veroneau touched second in the 50 free in 25.37 seconds and freshman Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass. / Nantucket) placed second in the 200 breast with a time of 2:35.49.
- In the 100 breaststroke, Holmes placed second in 1:08.71, while Roberts finished third with a time of 1:11.39.
- Kaczor won the 100 butterfly when she finished in 1:01.28, while junior Ali Petrozza (North Andover, Mass. / Austin Preparatory School) placed second with a time of 1:01.62. Petrozza also raced in the 200 fly and finished in third with a time of 2:16.01.
- In the 100 freestyle, Guadalupi set the pace for the Hounds, touching in 55.63 seconds, good for a second place finish. Kaczor finished third with a time of 55.79 seconds.
- The 400 freestyle relay just missed out on a pool record, as Guadalupi, Veroneau, senior Bella Omobono (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) and sophomore Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass. / Duxbury) placed first with a time of 3:43.40.
- The Hounds return to action Friday, October 27th, when they host Mount Holyoke for a dual meet scheduled for 6:30 p.m.