- Event: Catholic College Invitational
- Results: 6th with 335.5 points
- Location: Boston College
- The Lead: The Assumption women's swimming and diving team placed sixth at the Catholic College Invitational as they competed against a primarily Division I field.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Shannon Quirk (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial) earned 20 points for the Hounds when she won the 1000 freestyle with a meet record time of 10:40.93. Sophomore Sydney LaQue (Burnt Hills, N.Y. / Burnt Hills Ballston Lake) placed 16th in the 1000 free, finishing with a time of 11:02.12.
- The 200 medley relay of senior Niamh Morgan (Bettystown, Ireland / Sacred Heart School), junior Morgan Nicholls (East London, South Africa / Clarendon), senior Courtney Barr (Waltham, Mass. / Matignon) and sophomore Sydney Rangulong (Duxbury, Mass. / Duxbury) raced to a fifth place finish with a time of 1:55.26.
- Morgan and Barr also competed in the 200 backstroke, placing sixth and tenth with times of 2:14.71 and 2:16.18, respectively. In the 100 backstroke, freshman Anne Guadalupi (Augusta, Maine / Cony) paced the Hounds with an eighth place finish in 1:02.65, while Barr placed 16th with a time of 1:04.11.
- Sophomore Colleen Kurtz (Somerset, N.J. / Rutgers Preparatory) had a strong day in the pool, as she finished eighth in both the 200 fly (2:13.59) and 200 freestyle (1:59.81). Senior Bry Veroneau (Belchertown, Mass. / Belchertown) also raced in the 200 freestyle and recorded a time of 2:00.77, good for a 12th place finish.
- Sophomore Abbey Holmes (Laurel, Md. / Archbishop Spalding) registered a top-10 finish in the 100 breaststroke, racing to a time of 1:10.34, while freshman Isabelle Roberts (Nantucket, Mass. / Nantucket) placed 12th with a time of 1:11.92.
- The quartet of sophomore Emma Magna (Niantic, Conn. / East Lyme), Guadalupi, senior Bella Omobono (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) and Veroneau competed in the 400 freestyle relay and placed eighth in 3:47.47.
- Sophomore Natalia Kaczor (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) raced to an 11th place finish in the 100 butterfly with a time of 1:01.12, while Guadalupi and Magna competed in the 100 freestyle, placing 14th (56.23 seconds) and 18th (56.54 seconds), respectively.
- In the 200 breaststroke, Roberts placed 16th (2:38.18) while Holmes (19th) was barely out-touched finishing with a time of 2:38.70.
- In the 400 IM, Morgan finished in 18th with a time of 4:55.30, while Quirk placed 19th in 4:58.53.
BEHIND THE RESULTS:
- Assumption finished in sixth place with a total score of 335.5 without the support of diving points, while Boston College (1161 points), Saint Francis (692), Fairfield (507), Holy Cross (412.5) and Providence (337) formed the top five.
- The Hounds return to action Saturday, October 21st when they travel to face off against NE10 foe Le Moyne.