- Score: Assumption 2, Franklin Pierce 0
- Records: Assumption (11-10, 5-4 NE10), Franklin Pierce (5-14, 1-4 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Marois Field)
- The Lead: Highlighted by two home runs from Alyssa Bialakis (Boca Raton, Fla./St. John Paul II Academy) and Victoria Petrie (Marlborough, Mass./Marlborough), Assumption took down Franklin Pierce in their third game of the weekend 2-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption started the game with two quick defensive innings with two strikeouts, two grounds outs and two fly outs to hold Franklin Pierce scoreless. The Hounds had two outs in the bottom of the second with Bialakis at the plate. She hit a rocket out over the left field fence for a home run and the first run of the game to give Assumption a 1-0 lead.
- Franklin Pierce attempted a comeback in the top of the fourth with a walk and then a single to right center to put runners on first and third with one out. The Hounds ended the inning with a double-play that started with Brooke Murphy (Salem, N.H./Salem High School) tossing the ball to Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I./Smithfield High School) at second base who rifled a throw to Bialakis at first for both outs.
- In the bottom of the sixth inning, the first batter Petrie hit a ball over the left field fence for the second home run of the game and her third home run of the season and give the Hounds a 2-0 lead. Assumption ended the game with two fly outs and a ground out to seal the 2-0 victory over Franklin Pierce.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mia Nowicki (Chelsea, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) earned the win to make her record for the year 6-4 while she pitched all seven innings and faced 26 batters. She threw 85 strikes with three strikeouts, three walks and four hits on the day. Cyrena Zemaitis of Franklin Pierce took the loss pitching four innings with four strikeouts, one home run, one walk and three hits while Amelia Mamone finished the last two innings of the game with one home run, two strikeouts, one walk and two hits.
- Beaton, Petrie and Bialakis all went 1-for-3 at the plate while Haley Drakoulakos (Lowell, Mass./Lowell High School) went 1-for-2 in the box. Petrie and Bialakis earned the only RBIs and the only runs of the game with their home runs.
- Both Murphy and Beaton recorded double plays in the game.
- The Hounds are back home Wednesday, April 3, for a double-header against Stonehill at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.