- Score: Missouri-St. Louis 6, Assumption 0 (Game One); LIU Post 6, Assumption 1 (Game Two)
- Records: Assumption (2-2, 0-0 NE10), Missouri-St. Louis (8-12, 0-0 GLVC), LIU Post (2-1, 0-0 ECC)
- Location: Clermont, Fla. (Legends Way)
- The Lead: With Assumption unable to gain any true momentum in either game today, the Hounds dropped both.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME ONE
- Both teams were held scoreless for the first five innings with Mia Patriacca (Newton, Mass./Newton North) at the mound for the Hounds. With a pitching change at the top of the sixth, University of Missouri at St. Louis sparked some momentum that started with a single up the middle of the field that scored the first run of the game.
- The Tritons continued their rally with a double to right center that drove in two runs followed by another double to right center for one more run to score. Two more Tritons crossed the plate off of another double, which gave them a 6-0 lead.
- The Hounds were unable to get any momentum and ultimately fell 6-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Carly Kingery of the Triton earned the win after she faced 26 batters with 85 pitches thrown and 63 of them strikes while Patriacca faced 21 batters and threw 54 strikes. Erin Barry (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) threw 20 strikes in one inning while Giuliana Pierce (Pittsfield, Mass./Pittsfield) faced six batters in one inning.
- Abigail Duggan (West Roxbury, Mass./Mount Alvernia High School) had one stolen base for the Hounds while both Haley Drakoulakos (Lowell, Mass./Lowell High School) and Kayla Peabody (Mendon, Mass./Nipmuc Regional High School) went 3-for-1 at the plate.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME TWO
- The scoring started early with LIU Post who took a quick 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first after an RBI single up the middle of the field. The hitting sparked again in the bottom of the third for the Pioneers a double followed by an error on Assumption that generated two runs and a tagged up runner scored on a caught fly ball to right field to give the Pioneers a 4-0 lead.
- In the top of the sixth, Julia Mazzeo (Milford, N.H./Milford) singled through the right side which drove Victoria Petrie (Marlborough, Mass./Marlborough) home for the only RBI of the game for the Hounds. LIU Post finished out the game with two more runs in the bottom of the sixth to earn the 6-1 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Katie Humhej of LIU Post earned the win pitching 106 pitches to 32 batters while Mia Nowicki (Chelsea, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) pitched 68 strikes to 26 batters, which earned her seven strikeouts. Barry pitched 22 strikes out of the 33 pitches thrown.
- Mazzeo went 2-3 at the plate and earned an RBI while Brooke Murphy (Salem, N.H./Salem High School) went 4-2 and Petrie was 3-1.
- The Hounds are on the field again Wednesday, March 6 at 9 a.m. against Felician and then 11:15 a.m. versus West Virginia Wesleyan.